Tuesday 22 October 2013

WNS: Ogechi & Samuel Traditional Wedding Pictures

Ogechi met Sam in her first year at the University of Lagos. This is the story of their proposal according to the bride… I left Nigeria a year later and was so sad to leave Sam behind. The distance put a strain on our relationship and we eventually broke up. A year later Sam called me and we talked about how miserable we both were, and decided to give love another chance. We talked everyday (the calling card company loved me) and grew even closer. I then decided to visit Nigeria in 2009; 5 years later. When I laid my eyes on Sam, it was as though I had never left, and we knew from that point on that we wanted to spend the rest of our lives together. Sam joined me 2 years later in 2011, and in December of 2012, he and my sister, Akunna, began planning a surprise proposal. I knew something was going on, but I was so sure I would find out because my sister sucks at surprises. Sam worked and lived 2 hours away and said he couldn’t visit that weekend because of work. I had my extended family in North Carolina for the holidays and really wanted them to finally meet Sam, so I was a little upset that he couldn’t make it. Akunna decided to “cheer” me up by polishing my nails and going out to dinner, but we weren’t sure where to go. Out of the blue, my phone rings, and it was Genevieve, my family friend. She said she was bored and also wanted to hang out-perfect timing! We all decided to have dinner at our favorite Japanese steak house, and surprisingly my brothers also wanted to join us (Akunna, you little planner lol). My brothers never go anywhere with us!!! Upon arrival at the restaurant, I noticed the waitresses were extremely cheesy and friendly. They took us to a private room, saying they had no more room in the main dining area. The room was so dim and I remember asking ‘’where the light was?” lol. A few close friends arrived later and I was surprised to see them there. They simply said they saw us coming in and decided to say hey (nice one sis). Genny was super late and I started blowing up her phone. She later arrived, and before I could start going in on how late she was, I noticed Sam standing right behind her with some flowers (apparently almost everywhere had closed for the holidays, and they were trying to find flowers…I love you Genny). I was in total shock because I didn’t expect to see him there. I immediately began to cry because from then on, I knew I had just been punked. I looked at everyone in the room and was so happy because they were the ones I wanted to share such moment with. Sam immediately got on one knee and asked me to be his wife, and I said YES!

Click for more pictures + wedding video



Enjoy the video below


Wedding Date: 8/2/2013
Location: North Carolina, U.S.A

Credits:



Videographer: Olu Adewunmi | LynksDrivers.com
Official Photographer: Fola Lawal | folalawal.com
Make-Up: Doll Faces by Lauretta facebook.com/dollfacesbylauretta
Hair Dresser: AdaezĆØ Gogo

Music: 
Flavour - Ada Ada
MasterKraft ft. Flavour - Egwu (Dance)
Ayakata Bongo

1 comment:

  1. Good wedding dresses and nice collection of dresses ideas for planning... wedding planner app

    ReplyDelete